AIFI is the Italian Association of Physiotherapy [ Associazione | A.I.FI. (aifi.net)]
We are the national technical-scientific association of Physiotherapists. Our mission is to be a national reference for Physiotherapists’ scientific, ethic and human development, in the interest of individuals and the community.
Our activities are:
- reviewing, producing, adapting, updating, adopting guidelines and best practices in different fields of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation;
- promoting, participating, finance studies, scientific and experimental research in fields of relevance, including technological innovation;
- identifying, validating and promoting practice models which ensure the efficient and effective implementation of physiotherapy procedures and methodologies and an appropriate use of professional resources;
- collaborating and providing techincal scientific support to national/local, public/private organizations in social and health program, in particular for the development of Physiotherapy/ Rehabilitation Services and for the support of preventive and educational activities that new health needs require;
- collaborating with the Universities and people involved in entry level and advanced education;
- supporting education in physiotherapy;
- promote continuing training in Physiotherapy also through annual ECM training programs;
- develop support activities for members to improve their clinical and professional practice;
- collaborating with World Physiotherapy (WP) and others international organizations;
- collaborating with others scientific society/associations;
- collaborating with associations of citizens, including those with health needs;
- collaborating with public and private institutions in health and social planning interventions, in particular to promote prevention and education activities and for the development of responses to health needs;
- carrying out consultancy activities in the different areas of competence of Physiotherapy
- promoting scientific and educational publications in physiotherapy;
- promoting mass media collaboration in order to disseminate correct information in the physiotherapic areas.
Pediatric Specialist Interest Group [GIS – Fisioterapia Pediatrica | A.I.FI. (aifi.net)]
Our GIS Fisioterapia Pediatrica is one of the six Specialist Interest Groups of the Italian Association of Physiohterapy and has been a member of International Organisation of Physical Therapists in Paediatrics (IOPTP) since 2007.
Our main objectives are:
- encouraging improved standards and consistency of practice in paediatrics care by physical therapists;
- advancing practice by communication and exchange of information;
- encouraging scientific research and promote opportunities for the spread of knowledge of new developments in the field of paediatrics.